Marion Iris Willmann, born 27 July, 1921 at St Monica’s Private Hospital, Beenleigh.
Lived at Rosemount Farm, Belivah and rode her pony to Bahrs Scrub and Wolfdene State Schools. Her parents bought a milk run in Beenleigh (Reiser Road), they then moved to York Street. Marion has lived her married life in York Street, Charles Street and finally Tweedvale Street, where she lives independently today.
Marion has always been involved with many community organisations.
· Worked with the Comfort Society in 1938 sending comfort packages to the troops.
· Member of the Women’s Auxiliary RSL - 17 years.
· Beenleigh Red Cross Branch member - 25 years.
· Beenleigh Scouts/cub leader.
· Tennis club - ladies daytime.
· School tuck shops, both state school & high school.
· Blue Nursing Committee.
· Secretary for the Beenleigh pensioners - 5 years.
· Beenleigh Senior Citizens member from 1998 and still actively involved today, mainly heading up the Trade Table.
· Bookbinder and line proofing Beenleigh News. 1940’s.
· Queensland Grandmother of the year 1972 raising money for “House with no Steps”.
· Modelled for fashion boutique in Beenleigh raising money.
· Worked for Metcalf’s Shoe Store
· Collecting money door to door for many organisations.
All this while she was raising a family of 6 children, one of which was tragically taken from her.